Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lee Benfell Kindle Book on Amazon Virgin To Angel

Re:Lee Benfell Kindle Book on Amazon Virgin To Angel 12 years 2 months ago #4200

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Sounds good stew,will have a read at that mate.Funnily enough my son Andy is releasing his first book on Amazon/kindle,a comedy about a day in the life of a sunday pub football team.It will be available in a few weeks called ,'Where boys and dogs run wild',beware though it is pretty down to Earth language in there as you would expect.
He has also written a pilot comedy for TV about debt collectors,this has been accepted and they have asked him to write a six part series,to follow up the initial pilot.It has been accepted by Lime Productions,and they hope to film it here in Chesterfield this year,and have suggested a 60 grand budget,initially.
Amazingly Kathy Burke has been offered a lead part in it.Hope he sorts me out with a few bob when he is famous.!! :)
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Lee Benfell Kindle Book on Amazon Virgin To Angel 12 years 2 months ago #4201

• Rebel
Will definitely down load. Also like the sound of the 'Where boys and men run wild', having played Sunday Football for over 20 years I could tell a few stories of my own, including one where we had to forfeit a match, because the whole team were 'helping police with their enquiries'!
I always try and support up and coming writers on Amazon, since I too have joined that club. My first book (and probably only, since it took me 10 years to write), 'Borrowed Time by David Rose' has just been published.
It's a time travel thriller set in a world where the Nazi's won the 2nd World War, and features an alternative version of Steve Harley. Actually, that last bit is a lie, but I'd try anything to get a few extra downloads ha ha.

Re:Lee Benfell Kindle Book on Amazon Virgin To Angel 12 years 2 months ago #4203

• paulng57
Downloaded both of these. They had better be good :)

Re:Lee Benfell Kindle Book on Amazon Virgin To Angel 12 years 2 months ago #4207

• graham E
Stewart- "Virgin to Angel" is an excellent read!
An early name check for Mr Griffin is followed later on by a fabulous section where Lee meets Mr Harley at a reherasal room/studio- and then goes on to eulogise the fans of the Man. Wow Stewart, some accolades there- and what a perceptive insight as regards how your Rebel Mates would react!.

This is fascinating stuff, genuinely an excellent read and I am picking up lots of stuff. I think the way he tells the story, using his bandmate's diary as the structure of the story, interspersing his own perspectives on the events in the diary, almost as a side commentary is novel. But it works really well.

Now- if Steve was in that rehearsal room, auditioning a bass player..June 1980. That would be around the time of recording "El Gran Senor" wouldn't it? (Who would have been that rehearsing bass player with the good background vocals I wonder??)

Re:Lee Benfell Kindle Book on Amazon Virgin To Angel 12 years 2 months ago #4211

• stewart g
Thanks chaps for supporting Lee's book and for the kind words. :) He's one of life's good guys and is very grateful! ;)

Re:Lee Benfell Kindle Book on Amazon Virgin To Angel 12 years 2 months ago #4212

• essexboybilly
Hi - I don't have Kindle and don't plan on getting one. How can I read the book?
Thanks for any help in advance
Billy